Monday, September 5, 2016

Hey y'all. My government name is Crystal, but I go by C or Cee. I am a free and bright spirit // mystic moonbunny in constant change and resistance as I navigate through the intersections of my reality as a first-generation queer Latinx inside of the white supremacist capitalist patriarchy of the colonial U.S. state.  On good days, I remember that I am not just a byproduct of this turbulent social environment.  As a creative spirit, I have learned to see my experiences of pain, trauma, and oppression and channel them into creative expressions that create new knowledges. I am a super senior double majoring in Women & Gender Studies and Creative Writing,  as well as minoring in Arab and Muslim Ethnicities & Diasporas. I'm a creative writer, activist, educator, and healer now based in the Bay Area and organize on-campus with MechA and off-campus with a women of color collectiva called Mujeres Al Frente. I work for a non-profit organization based in and servicing the Mission district in San Francisco as a tutoring program coordinator and lead tutor with third to fifth grade elementary youth. I am currently in the process of putting together some zines with work I've written in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment